Thursday, January 18, 2007

Quiet nights at home, take two

with Lucy, of course! :)


Why is it that some nights sitting alone, flipping through the bajillion channels of t.v. (that I am now paying for, although I promised myself I wouldn't) are some of the best nights.
Stepping away from people, things, the "norm" the usual routine of the week is kind of nice. It's also very interesting how some things that make us so content and so happy, also make us appreciate our alone time. Some people can't handle being alone, and while it's not always my favorite thing to be, I do enjoy it. I believe it makes us all better people, makes us think, reflect, relax, and just be- which is something that seems to be lacking in this world. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the super fast pace of life, always somewhere to go, something to do, someone to see. It's a necessary evil to just be at times.
I remember how hard it was the first time I lived alone, I could hear every bug, every creak, every everything. Coming from a home that moved 24 /7 it was a crazy adjustment to make. After sharing space with someone, other than the cat, I love being able to hear the little things. To hear the cars driving by, the conversations people have while walking, the wind, my downstairs neighbors slam their doors for 10 minutes. Those things are somewhat calming, comforting, relaxing.
I used to think I wouldn't ever be able to live alone, that I would freak out at the solitude, and now- I'm not sure how sharing space would affect me. There are people in my family that haven't ever lived alone, and one in particular that has lived alone for some amazing amount of time.
Pretty crazy.........


*side note* I'm a tard- I apologize!

2 comments:

airplanejayne said...

gotta be able to be alone before you can be with someone....


and yes, I KNOW!!! I've taken the "alone" thing to the extreme.....

:)

Mustang said...

Katie...

Hope all is well!

Mustang