Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Things......

Work:
It's slow and somewhat driving me nuts, but they have finally fixed the damn internet so I can actually do my job.

Home:
Eddie (kitty #1) had a bout with some tummy troubles and peeing troubles. Now the trouble is getting the friggin pills down her throat. At least Fishstick and I can laugh about it after the struggle. The house feels settled, and I love having someone to come home to at night. Someone to cook with, someone to fall asleep next to.

Health:
I had posted a long while back that I was diagnoes anemic. Well, it's gotten much much worse. I had six months to change iron pills, change to a high iron diet and start on some other pills that were to help with iron. Non of it has helped. I saw the doctor last week for my 6 month follow- up, and although my hemoglobin did go up from 8.2 to 8.6 (not significant enough for him) my iron didn't move. It's stuck right around 5.2ish. So I now get to go to a Hematologist. I'll be going to a Hematology. Oncology center and be sitting in with the cancer patients getting an IV of iron. Not sure of the schedule just yet, find that out in 2 Mondays. I am terrified and excited at the same time. I can't wait to have my energy back. I feel like a wet mop 99% of the time. So this is going to be good.

Family:
Mom and Dad are good, getting ready for the holidays. My sister is rockin it at school. I'm not sure she knows how proud I am of her. The cats are good and the dog is what she is- crazy! Gramma is silly and how I love that woman (and no Mustang you can't play with Gramma!)

In general things are grand. Wedding planning is going very slowly, but still going. I am so excited about all of this!

Next year will be a big one for my family, and I couldn't be happier that adding another family to it is one of the big things! :)

2 comments:

airplanejayne said...

katie - sorry that you have to choke the kitty -- which is NOT the same as choking the chicken...
:)
As one Anemic to the other, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm still shopping for my dress for your wedding. Can we go back to the cupcake dress store?

:)

Captain Whiffle said...

Katie,

Sorry to hear about the continuing anemia issues; good news is that it sounds like you've got a dr. who cares and knows what to do.

Next time I see you, remind me to get you an Iron-tini (kale and spinach blended with vodka. mmm delicious...)

--John