Friday, July 18, 2008

Da Count- Comin Home


Things have been crazy (nothing completely new) since we tied the knot. We were gone for half of June, then came back to always having something to do.

Work is slow and makes the time pass so painfully it almost puts me in tears. That paired with the negative energy that is persistent in that building, yesterday I thought I might lose it.

Losing pets, house sitting, errand running, dinner planning, camping planning, getting my name changed on everything, spending time with my family, spending time with friends, being there to listen, needing someone to listen.

Planning on people coming into town, getting the house put together in a more live able way, disciplining the kitten, loving the bigger kitten, hugs and smooches to the hubby.

It's all been just a little much, and I've been not so chipper- especially these past few weeks.

My only comfort comes in walking up the walk way every night and knowing that I'm home. That I'm in my safe zone-in the place that I love and am loved. The place where I get to be domestic without judgement (I love being domestic- makes me feel needed).

The place that I have worked so hard to make beautiful, happy and loving to all that come by. The place that is ours, one of the only places in this world that I have a little control, especially when everything else is crazy.

I love this place, and at some point when we do find a house to purchase, it will be very hard to leave this sanctuary.

Here's to the house, full of love and quiet and all that makes me smile.

4 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Aye, the solace of home is prime. Great count & Cheers!

Solitaire said...

Great count! :) I miss you my lovely! I must have my Katie-Did time this weekend!!! pleeease???

airplanejayne said...

Where is this yellow house!?!?!? I wanna live there!

Katie :) said...

Thats our place APJ- you know you can come live with us! :)