Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The little things

This Christmas had a different vibe to it. I felt a bit distant from my family, kinda like an outsider looking in on a family. It was odd. Possibly because we haven't been together as a family in a long time. Because we are all doing our own things, because our lives are growing up and growing a bit apart.
My Christmas was full of so many things- literally. I realize how damn spoiled I am- and I appreciate ALL of it. It's amazing. The one thing that made me smile more than anything was a little note tucked into my stocking- that is now in my wallet so I can read it anytime I feel a bit down.
I just can't believe how time flies, how this year is almost over, how the years are speeding by at warp speed. It's crazy. I have made so many changes in my personal life this year- and I feel like I have a better grasp on me. Letting the guard down a bit, easing up on myself and others, realizing that the world is what it is, and if at some point in time I may have the chance to change bits of- awesome. If not, I'll try to make it the best for myself.
I hope you all had a great Holiday season, and lets bring 2007 in with fireworks.
I hope to see lots of smiles, hear lots of laughs, and feel lots of hugs in the upcoming year.

1 comment:

lecram sinun said...

A Big Grand New Year to you , my dear! :)