Friday, June 08, 2007

Tumbling towards the Kitchen floor....

Gramma took a header, off of a 3 foot tall step ladder. I don't know how many times our whole family has asked her to ask for help with cleaning tall things, changing light bulbs and the like. But this time it hurt- major.
Got a phone call at work at 9am Wednesday morning, get over there with Mom about 5 minutes behind me. Gramma can't move her arm, she can barely move at all. We get shoes on her and off to the ER we go. Spent all day in the ER. Thought she had fractured or broken her arm, nope she totally dislocated it at the shoulder. (To the point where her left arm was about 4 inches longer than the right, talk about making me squeamish)

Yesterday she felt like she got hit but a truck, as I expected. But goodness is she a tough cookie. Went by her place this morning to check on her and she was up and has the pink back in her cheeks.

Thank goodness for a great ER doctor and nurse that took great care of her. Pair that up with her German stubbornness to not need help for long and I think she's going to be great!

I am very tired still though, I go into super spaz mode when things happen to her. But knowing that she is starting to recover makes me very happy.

So yeah, that's whats been up with me- how about with all of you??


EDIT:

SSM turned me on to this lady's music and I think I'm in love.
I've got her deal on my page, but check her out..... I wanna see her live!

4 comments:

Mustang said...

Katie...

If you or G-maw need anything, let me or Mrs. Mustang know, k? If Super Granny needs something built, or fixed..call me please!

Mustang

Katie :) said...

Thanks a million Mustang!

lecram sinun said...

glad to know grandma is on the mend.

ScarySquirrelMan said...

what lady's music. cain't hear a daygone thang!