Monday, June 04, 2007

Things, just things

Isn't it odd how we can prepare ourselves for certain things, but when it comes down to it, we aren't ever really prepared. How someone is going to act, a wedding you knew was planned, but weren't really sure was going to take place, caring for people but never realizing you are ever going to care the way you do.

Prepare, you can't.

Feel a little "off" because of it, inevitable.

Let it over take you, maybe just for a moment.

So when does feeling as one does about a situation become less of an emotional battle? Never? Someday, who in the hell knows.

I hate being in a funk, but there isn't a whole lot for me to do, but let it roll on through. I think I'm going to start walking in the evenings as well. Help to keep me busy and not worrying about the things I have no control over.

3 comments:

airplanejayne said...

we're all "off" sometimes. Ya' can't be "on" all the time, otherwise you'd burn out. Enjoy the funk - relax.

we can't always drive the car -- sometimes we've got to be the passenger.

ScarySquirrelMan said...

i smelled a funk coming on this morning, then realized i'd left my shirt in the dryer overnight and it hadn't dried completely.
eau de mildew. yech!

Katie :) said...

I still think part of this is "rub off" from you and your funk you were in for a few days- thanks, ass :P