Friday, December 28, 2007

The end of the year brings a blog...


learned in 2007:

* true friends are hard to come by, but best friends are even harder to come by. I am lucky enough to have a few of both.

* love is always there, though not always in the form you think it is. Embrace it- it seems to be such a rare commodity these days.

* drama isn't worth the wrinkles it gives you.

* "Your body is a wonderland"- no truer words have been sung. Treat it as your temple and it in turn will do you right.

* trust in doctors, it's called the practice not the exact science of medicine for a reason.

* family may drive a sane person crazy, but I'd rather be crazy than alone.

* incorporating new people into a family keeps it interesting, having your family embrace and love the new people is priceless

* making new friends and acquaintances is the spice of life.

* long chats with dear friends over a glass of wine makes for a great evening.

* smiling, saying please and thank you, and treating people as you would like to be treated are coming back into style- I swear! (I'm bringing them back dangit!)

Just a few of the many. Happy New Year to all! I hope 2008 brings you smiles and great times, I know mine will! :)

2 comments:

airplanejayne said...

I'm a little concerned about SSM bringing back the porch monkey....if you need a safe haven...

I like the bit about drama. Perhaps we could use the slogan: Know drama: Know wrinkles. No drama: no wrinkles.

yes, yes, I stole/changed it from one of those heavy-hearted Christian-type bumper stickers....
Mine's better, right?

Anonymous said...

Happy 2008 and beyond honey x