Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Life happenings as of late......

It's been busy, crazy and everything the end of the year brings. (Well it's usually a bit chaotic, just kinda how things roll in my life! LOL) But I have had the greatest support system through friends, family and a lover than I could have ever asked for. The past few weeks have been interesting to say the least.

I had an appointment with my surgeon- a follow up on my anemic state of being. Unfortunately my iron decided to be stubborn and not come up, even with diet and pill changes. This worried both Doc and I, so he referred me to a Hematologist. Go to Mr. Iron, he says that my body will never absorb iron the correct way, because of the surgery I underwent almost three years ago. Okay, so how do we fix the problem???? Iron infusion. Great! *insert sarcasm here* But, when it comes to my body, gotta do what I've gotta do!

So a week went by, and last Thursday I had an iron infusion. Fishstick being the sweetness that he is, came to be bored out of his gourd with me. We arrived at 10:30 am, returned home at 4:45 pm. It was a long day. And to dig the dagger in a bit further, I am expected to feel like poop for the next 2-3 weeks! I have decided that I would rather feel bad for another few weeks, and then start feeling better than continue to feel as I have!

So what are the side effects you ask???? For the first two days I was soooo sick to my stomach. Next- my bones hurt. I now know where every joint in my body is and how important it is to daily function. My fingers even as I type this are just screaming. It's like the description of Harry Potter growing his bones back in the hospital wing. I empathized with him as I read it, but never figured I would have the pleasure of actually feeling something that painful.

Christmas decorations are slowly going up at home. We did a test run with the fake tree Sunday and Fishstick came home yesterday to it toppled over. He was so sure it was my kitties in ka-hoots, but last night I watched his "little angel" walk right up to it and start pulling on the branches! My kitties I'm sure! :P

Thanksgiving was different for the family this year. It included Mom, Dad, Gramma, Nanner, Fishstick, Nanners friend from school Mary, Solitaire and myself. It was wonderful. We haven't had a big family Thanksgiving in so long. After dinner some family friends came over for coffee and desert. So total there were 13 people in the house on Thanksgiving. I know some of you have massive families and what not, but this was great for our family.


I think that's about it for now. I am looking forward to seeing some people I haven't seen in a long while (Dezzie) and spending much snuggle time with Fishstick and the girls on the couch. I can't wait to get my energy back up and be a holy terror again! :)

4 comments:

airplanejayne said...

I'm glad you are getting better!

ScarySquirrelMan said...

i have NEVER called my cat a "little angel". many other titles, yes...she is, however, much more well-behaved than yours.

airplanejayne said...

more well-behaved than her...what?

Mustang said...

Iron infusion..iron infusion...hmmm...I used to give 'ol Fishdick a "beef injection" now and again. Is that the same?

Hang in there ducks, we know you will feel great soon!

Mustang