Friday, February 23, 2007

Team work


Last night an amazing group of couples gathered at the home of Rachel and Kowboi to build tons and tons of platforms for a festival that is scheduled to take off next week. 24 beers, one pizza, 4 hours, a Beatles cd and a million laughs later, we had them complete. It is truly amazing when crunch time is presented and phone calls are made, who cares enough to help a very stressed friend out with a task one person shouldn't ever be asked to accomplish alone.
Last night was amazing. Really showed me who cares, who understands the frustration, and who wanted to have some fun with a few wonderful individuals.
Kowboi is amazing when it comes to building things, I can do nothing more than look on in amazement with his skills, his precise measurements, his organization, his dedication to the things he loves. And damnit he needs some really big "thank you's" from certain individuals. A technical mind is awe inspiring to me. Precise things are hard for me to achieve, but putting things together, like making phone calls, and setting things up are quite easy. You tell me what and where, I'll tell you who and when.
I want to thank Mustang, Dana, Kowboi, Rachel and SSM for making last night one of the best nights I have had in a very long time. I love you guys! Thanks for stepping up when this festival really needed you!

5 comments:

RACHEL said...

yaaa! That was freaking awesome what you wrote about Kowboi. It was a good night and I am so grateful that everyone came through when help was needed. Alleviated much of my worry about how the task would be accomplished. There are people in the world that can be counted on to help when chips down.

airplanejayne said...

kowboi! kowboi! kowboi!
thank you thank you thank you! I'm so glad they got built - and I know they'll be better than any of the others.
We all have our strengths -- and I'm glad when they get used and shared.

Save a horse, ride a kowboi!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! A very big hand to Kowboi and all of you!

Mustang said...

"By no means does the outcome of the battle depend upon numbers, but upon the united hearts of those who fight" Kusnoki Masushige, fourteenth century A.D.

M

Katie :) said...

So very true Mustang!