Tuesday, April 24, 2007

from Lecram, who got it from tisch..........

katie - here are your questions. Envision the interview taking place at a cafe on the streets of Paris.

1. If you had your choice of what you are doing now (job-wise) and what you could be doing what would that be and why?

I would be teaching Elementary level Special Education. It's something that I always wanted to do, but couldn't seem to make myself finish the schooling. I have had the pleasure of volunteering in classrooms and with different groups of physically and mentally challenged kids, and there is NOTHING in this world more awesome than seeing them light up when they finally understand and accomplish a task.

2. If you were given a superpower zap... what would it be and how would you use it?
Super power.... hmmmm. B/S Radar. I would love to know when someone was full of it as it is coming out of their mouths. Then I would be able to speak up about the crap they are pouring on instead of believing it and later thinking of myself as a dip for believing.

3. Describe the most difficult thing you have ever had to do and what has happened since you've done it.

I chose to walk away from my support system of "friends" that I have known for about 8 years at the time. It was hard not having anyone to gush with, anyone to go out and about with, but it was time. They weren't really friends- they were "friends". Since that happened, I have become more aware of the great people I run into, slimmed down my inner circle, and become much more confident of myself.

4. Name one of your "heros" and why is this person your hero?

Not so much 'heros' as they are women I hold in the highest regard. First is my Grandma. She lived through the depression, losing a father and brother very young, taking care of a farm with her sisters and mother, marrying an asshat, raising four successful children on her own, and still being as spunky as ever. Second is DeeAnna, who is the most thoughtful woman I have ever met in my life. She takes care of the world before she even thinks about herself, she is strong, wise, and has the best laugh! Third is my mother. She and I have a love hate relationship most of the time, but she is so strong and loves with her entire heart. I haven't ever met someone with as much passion for life as she has.

5. Red wine or white wine?

If anyone would like to be interviewed, here's how to keep the meme going:

Leave me a comment saying "Interview me." I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions. You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions, and let me know that you answered. If you don't have a blog, but would still like to play, I can send you the questions, and you can answer them in the comments. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


7 comments:

jade ed girl said...

Oooohhh, Fun! Interview me!!

Mustang said...

Katie...

Very nice. Good to see you, sorry I missed the trip...

Mustang

lecram sinun said...

Cool answers. Thanks for playing. Now that it's done pass that smelly cheese this way please. Lovely day in Paris, isn't it?

Katie :) said...

Jaded girl:

1. What is your favorite part of the house you now live in and why?
2. Between Karaoke, Cooking, and caring for animals- if you had to give up one for life which would it be and why?
3. Do fairy tales come true? how?
4. What is one place you have always wanted to visit- what is your attraction to that place?
5. Vanilla or Chocolate for each of the following: ice cream, milk shakes, cake, pudding


Lecram:
1. Do you think moving to the states was a good idea having been here for as long as you have? Why?
2. If I won the lottery tomorrow and offered you any one thing in the world what would it be, and why.
3. Theater and performing are your two HUGE passions in life what is another one and why.
4. Do you have a secret ingredient you put in food- if so what is it?
5. Since you mentioned cheese what is your favorite type??

Anonymous said...

Great answers. Interview ME! :-*

lecram sinun said...

Let me answer these on your comment section.

1. Do you think moving to the states was a good idea having been here for as long as you have? Why?
Yes, most definitely... because it affords me the opportunity to practice my craft freely without sending my original scripts to 7 government departments for "approval". I have always been a champion for the freedom of expression... even the expression that I may not personally subscribe to.

2. If I won the lottery tomorrow and offered you any one thing in the world what would it be, and why.
I'll take cash. Thank You. :)

3. Theater and performing are your two HUGE passions in life what is another one and why.
Video editing... I really love it!

4. Do you have a secret ingredient you put in food- if so what is it?
Believe it or not... my real talent in the kitchen is figuring out the right amounts of seasoning in the good. For instance the right amounts of salt and pepper is where the real difference is made.

5. Since you mentioned cheese what is your favorite type??
Pre-lactose intolerant days... Edam. Of late a good whiff is all I should handle.

airplanejayne said...

katie -- if you're gonna be a spec.ed. elementary teacher, you might want a different superpower -- like UNLIMITED ENERGY!!!!!

:)