Thursday, May 24, 2007

crazy past couple of weeks

It's been 14 days of happy, scary, milestones and the like. Spent time with friends, alone, with Fishstick, a new kitten, a semi upset cat, the family, my thoughts and my worries. Had to start making changes in the day to day routine, improve on others and remind myself that everything is going to be okay. Listened to laughing, crying, yelling, and confusion. Super crazy cleaned the house (and have kept it as such), done laundry, washed dishes and cooked. Had a few cocktails, lots of coffee, a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and some cow. Made long distance phone calls, local ones too, been surrounded by people that I love and that I wish would learn to love themselves more. Does any of this make me special? Nope. Is any of this new and exciting? Not really. Does it make me just like everyone else? Yes, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love things constant and still. I thrive on routine and common people and surroundings. I love the norm. I am content with where I am at, my family, the social life I keep to a minimum, loving and being loved.
With contentness can sometimes come boredom, but I look to the things I have coming up. Trips to the city, my sister being in town for a week, a major vacation next year, lazy time by the pool, more BBQ's, more laughs. Keeping an "eye on the prize" is what keeps me going. It keeps me focused on what is important now, what I want to achieve now, and where I want to be later.


Driving to work this morning I realized that it has been a year. I met some great people a year ago. Doesn't seem like a year, time definitely flies when you are having fun. But alas it has been a year. What a great year! So many laughs and smiles to look back on. You are all wonderful, and I am very thankful you were brought into my life. So here's to being happy with what you've got, to not thinking you are more than you are, to being happy and content with life and making sure to make the most of it.

1 comment:

airplanejayne said...

I am all that and a bag of fritos...

but....luv u 2 -- don't know what I'd do without you.


(well, for one thing, I'd have to do my own closets.....)
:)