Monday, November 27, 2006

"Kid Stuff"

I love it. From board games to puddle jumping. It's all so innocent, so fun.

Today I began decorating my apartment for Christmas. (I realized half of my stuff is at my Gramma's house about 10 minutes into it. LOL) I love the lights, the candle glow, the smell of the candles I only burn during this time of year. Unwrapping the decorations and getting a bigger smile across my face each time one of my "favorites" comes out of a box.

It's like when I was growing up, and there was that one decoration I HAD to put on the tree. I'd search for it, find it put it to the side, and it would be the last thing I would hang on a branch. It didn't have any kind of monetary value to it, it was old and falling apart, but it was my favorite thing in the whole world at Christmas time.

I miss those days. Where things didn't have to have rhyme or reason to them. Explanations of "because" worked. You could love something without reason.

Innocent minds and uninhibited ideals on people, places and things is what I miss most. Brutal honesty was acceptable and encouraged, and being starry eyed at something like a Christmas tree was the norm.

Time to step back and enjoy the "kid stuff". Seeing things as they are, and embracing all that is in the same light.

3 comments:

airplanejayne said...

I LOVE HOLIDAY DECORATING TO!!!!!!

ScarySquirrelMan said...

...to what?

lecram sinun said...

I use to love the season back when too... more than I do now. I guess growing up in a tropical place and wanting to make "it" so had a lot to do with it.