Tuesday, March 20, 2007


Had an amazing set of conversations last night with a couple of friends (and by friends I mean the people you can always count on, the one's that call out of the blue to find out what's been going on, the kind that can look at you and tell something is wrong). Our talks stemmed from dreams, chicken, self image, loving yourself and others, people you can count on, dreams, goals, loves and hates. Commonly we were all a bit unnerved when the topic of "people's self importance" came around.

Isn't it interesting how you can sit with certain people, and never be asked how you are doing or whats new? From minute one the "conversation" is dominated by what they are doing, going through, observing, but never once are you asked what's going on in your life......

There are times and situations when letting someone just ramble because they need to are warranted, but when it is an every time kinda deal, it starts to get very heavy on the mind and the heart- why am I not important enough to be included in the conversation, why am I always being used as a listening device, but never "allowed" to ramble when my life warrants it?

I have come into contact with these types of people my whole life. And it always ends up frustrating me. I am not a loud person, I will not interrupt what you are saying to inject my 8 million cents, I will however walk away when I have had enough, when the attention to the other person or persons doesn't turn to anyone but themselves, when I find myself losing interest in what is being said, because of their self importance.

We know that these people are all over in the world, but some manage to slip into our daily routines, into our minds and hearts. After a while, our emotions overthrow all logic and we are upset that we have become shells around these people, that we are always used and never given the option to use when we need to. How in the heck do we let that happen?

The discussion group I was with last night are two amazing people, so different but similar in all the right ways. Both care with their entire being, both immensely spiritually tuned into themselves and the people they are close to, both emotional, both wonderful.
I need both of them to understand how important they are in my world. Genuine interest and love among friends is such a hard thing to find, and you two rock at it. I wish both of you the best in your life journeys you are going through right now, but I know in my heart you are going to come away from all of it on top. On top of the world, on top of your troubles, you will triumph and I can't wait to see you do it!

I love you two very much, and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

4 comments:

ScarySquirrelMan said...

bravo.

jade ed girl said...

You deserve to be listened to sweetie. You're a great friend. Glad ya had a good night.

airplanejayne said...

hey!! I wanna rock too! can I, huh? can I?

oh...wait. how are you? all well? etc.?


:)

KIEN LIM said...

Hey you, greetings from London.

Real friends are invaluble. Love rules!

Kien