Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Rogue- my take


This was my first ever experience with a festival, let alone the Rogue. I fell into this festival while having drinks this past summer, and like I said in previous posts no one could prepare me for the magnitude of this great event. The variety of shows, the areas the performers come from the whole festival is just crazy amazing.
I loved volunteering. It was really neat to hear people's takes on various shows, seeing the artists get nervous or even a bit nutty prior to a performance. I got to see everything from the front and "back" stage views. Ashtree is an amazing gallery- wonderful art, and a great venue for intimate audiences.
I was only able to see three shows, but able to hear many more from my post outside of the gallery. Jag Bennett's solo comedy is awesome, Naked guy Kevin and Co. (although he wasn't naked!) were out of this world, and RP, Lecram and Nate were a fun Friday evening nightcap. All three shows so very different, but so very awesome in their own right.
Met some great people through SSM. Old friends to him, hopefully new ones to me! :) It was a pleasure meeting you all, so nice to meet people with smiles! :) The whole festival was great and as tired as I am, I am so very looking forward to getting started on next years festival now!
I hope next year's be a bigger success than this year, fewer snafoo's, more laughs, more talent, more VOLUNTEERS! :P
Everyone that busted their rears on this- you are all amazing. It's great to see a community of people come together like this to produce something as awesome as this was!
So this week I am out for the count, need some major snuggle time with my couch and cat, as I do believe they both missed me like crazy!
Congrats Rogue 2007 performers, directors, volunteers, venue managers, accounting persons, owners of venues, patrons, everyone for making my first Rogue experience pretty damn neat!

2 comments:

ScarySquirrelMan said...

wow. maybe i should get involved again!

airplanejayne said...

yea katie!!!

duh, SSM, duh.