Sunday, March 11, 2007

Yowza, that was fun! :)

I had one hell of a time with Rogue this year. It all started for me this past summer, hot meetings at Liparis, handing out sponsor packets, more meetings, building stages, running various errands, taking tickets, helping with money, seeing shows. It was awesome. I got a little taste of all that is the Rogue. I met some amazingly talented performers, some super dedicated fans of the festival, and some just really nice people and patrons.
The dark circles have started to fade, but having them were a "badge" of honor- if you will- for how much fun I had. Early mornings, late nights, running around- it was so worth it. I loved seeing performers walk outside of their venue's with HUGE smiles on because of the crowd they had inside. That is what it is ALL about!
This was my first festival and although I had so many veterans describing to me the events, I couldn't have ever been prepared for what I witnessed. I'm still taking it all in. After the stressers and what not that I was a part of this past year, I can't wait to get going on next year's festival.
That's all I've got for right now, more later! :)

No comments: